Skip to main content

Who am I?

Hello! 

It will please some of you to know that who am I! it will please the rest of you to know that why I choose to pursue a Ph.D.?

My name is Joyraj Chakraborty, seems some Asian name! Hmm!! Yes, I am from Chittagong, Bangladesh. I completed my Master’s degree majoring in radio communication Engineering from Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden and undertook an internship at Deutsche Telecom in the customer equipment department. Before joining Infrastar project (10th February 2017), I worked as a scientific research engineer at KU Leuven, in Belgium from 2014 to 2015, developing an acoustic sensor localization for an unknown sound source.
Drive for research is the best reason to start my Ph.D.  I have experienced a sense of excitement while working on a project of my own during working as a scientific researcher at KULEUVEN, where I enjoy the opportunity to focus on a problem of cutting-edge research. The rewards of contributing to advance knowledge in any given area can be amazing. 

My PhD topic is ''Sensor integration, data fusion and information management for industrial monitoring systems''. doing my Ph.D. thesis in Neostrain, Krakow, Poland.
So what I will do?
The first step in the development of a Structural health monitoring system is mentioned to as operational evaluation.  Operational evaluation tries to answer the main question regarding the implementation of a damage detection capability:



  • How to develop meaningful and reliable means of acquiring, guiding, integrating and interpreting structural performance data for maximum useful information at a minimum cost?


  • So I will answer this question to integrate the sensor. Data integration is the process of combining information from multiple sensors in an effort to improve the integrity of the damage detection process.  In many feature selection processes is the integration of data from multiple sensors and fixation of these data. Suitable examples of data integration are the extraction of mode feature from sensor arrays and the averaging of the spectral amount to remove noise from the measurements.

    As I am in this EU project, I have to work with other ESRs (Early stage researchers). Mostly with the ESRs from Work Package 1 (http://infrastar.eu/research-framework/wp1-monitoring-auscultation/). I will take the ultrasonic data from Xin WANG (ESR1) and fibre optics data from Antoine (ESR2) and integrate this data .
    But but !
    • What are the limitations on acquiring data in the operational environment?
    ........
    Wait for next writing!!
    Till then bye........

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    A Successful Scientific Night

    On Saturday, October 14, The  Silesian University of Technology  held its 12th edition of Scientific Night - The Art of Science.  I participated the art of science and showed some scientific experiment. The NeoStrain families also participated in science night activities.  NeoStrain came with a crack measurement scale and snow monitoring system.  And we had a demonstration of body weight application by using two strain gauge sensor in the bridge and  detecting the speed of the hitting to the board application using the accelerometer .   The speed of the hitting on the Board application: We can detect the speed of the ball throwing on some object using basic physic of Accelerometer.  Speed or velocity comprises of two things if some objects travel at a known distance in a known amount of time this is known as velocity. So acceleration is how much something increases has velocity over time. We have used  HS-100 Accelerometer from Handsford Sensor and it was plugged

    A architectural model that describes my Phd Goal

    My task in the project is to integration of sensor and local signal procession. Now i will try to explain architectural model from system engineering approaches which will describe my Phd Goal.  Following the architectural model (AM), the AM diagram of a sensor integration is shown below. The diagram includes entity, aspects, requirements and functions of the sensor integration.    Consider a stakeholder, such as bridge contractor. T hey have an excessive amount of maintenance on bridges due to demands from fatigue safety and monitoring considerations. Because, bridges need to be maintained to identify of possible damage. And monitoring  is really costly because good monitoring needs ''good sensor'' which can give meaningful information. But in practise it is difficult to get meaningful information from one sensor, that is the reason sensor integration for monitoring system recognized as a significant problem. Three system elements related to the bending proce

    Conference and technical visit at Østerild

    I am so glad to share with you the  amazing experience of participating in my first conference in this project!   Technical system degradation conference  - took place in  liptovsky mikulas which are the military academy in Slovakia, between 04/04/18 and 07/04/18. The event was quite challenging for me since it was almost fully in polish.  Here is my  p oster: "I realized this morning that your event content is the only event related 'stuff' I still read. I think that's because it's not about events, but about the coming together of people to exchange ideas and learn from one another and that's valuable information for anyone." — Traci Browne I also learn from some presentations in the different technical system and interesting discussions which push me to think in a different way! The conference is not only about work,  it gives us a chance to meet different people. Here are some snaps: I got the opportunity